The Internship Program provides paid work experience to students currently enrolled in high school or an accredited college or university (this includes Home-Schooling, Certificate Programs and Community Colleges). Interns may work during the summer, fall, spring, or year round.
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
- Age 16 years or older
- Enrolled in, or accepted for enrollment to, an accredited high school, community college, college or university; professional, technical, vocational, or trade school; advanced degree program; or other qualifying educational institution and pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate
- A 2.0 GPA to Good Academic Standing (typically a 2.0 on a 4.0 scale)
- Apply to an open vacancy announcement
The United States Department of Agriculture is looking for highly qualified students who are eager to assist us with meet our mission. To apply, please visit the following links.
- Step 1: https://usda.usajobs.gov/ - Review current USDA Pathways opportunities by typing Student Trainee in the search tab.
- Step 2: https://www.usajobs.gov/ - Create an account on USAJOBS and sign up to receive information about vacancies meeting your interests.
- Step 3: Find the announcement to which you wish to apply, and select the ‘Apply On-Line’ button.