Community Development & Public Works, Town of Oro Valley
Under close supervision, researches and analyzes current and long-range planning projects and assists in developing planning-related ordinances, studies, analyses and reports.
- Research and analysis of planning related issues and topics.
- Attends meetings and training sessions.
- Completes special planning related projects and studies under the supervision of Principal Planners or Planning Manager.
- Assists planners and other professional staff in background research, analysis, and other tasks associated with the function of the Planning Division.
- Occasionally perform site inspections in the field related to other essential functions.
- Opportunity to shadow planning staff in case review, customer service functions, public meetings and presentations.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of applicable Town, state and Federal statutes, rules, ordinances, codes, guidelines and regulations governing planning and zoning.
- Knowledge of best practices in planning, zoning and environmental data-gathering and documentation methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of computer software programs.
- Skill in working independently within deadlines to complete projects and assignments.
- Skill in oral and written communication. Experience with public presentations and social media communications desirable.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- A Bachelor's degree in Planning or related field. Preference may be given to applicants who are either enrolled in or have completed a Master's degree program in planning or a related field.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work is primarily performed in an indoor environment. Occasionally perform site inspections in the field related to other essential functions.
19 weeks or 3-6 month duration
$12.50 per hour
Directions for Applying
Please make sure your application is complete by filling in the education and work experience sections of the application.
Applications are reviewed as they are received. If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Oro Valley application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter.
If you experience any difficulties submitting your application please call 1-855-524-5627 for customer support.