The following job opportunity is available with the Inter Tribal Council
of Arizona, Inc. located at 2214 North Central Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85004
Open as of: April 26, 2017 Closing Date: Open Until Filled
TRIBAL WATER DEPARTMENT ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIALIST
Annual Salary: $38-40K (DOE) Benefits: Medical, Dental, Basic Life & 401(k)
The Environmental Specialist will coordinate and facilitate individual water and wastewater systems training and certification examination events, as assigned, process applications for new Tribal certification, and renewal of existing Tribal certification.
Duties and Responsibilities: This list is not all inclusive of the duties and responsibilities and/or skills, knowledge, and abilities of this position.
- Provides professional and skilled assistance to the program manager in the planning, development and implementation of environmental programs and projects that serve various Tribes;
- Coordinates, prepares for, and facilitates individual training and examination events that are necessary for the certification of Tribal water and wastewater system operators and personnel;
- Required to effectively lead and professionally facilitate meetings, training sessions, and workshops on various subjects related to environmental issues, as assigned.
- Prepares and presents relevant and accurate information on numerous environmental issues affecting Indian lands in a professional and proficient manner.
- Maintains strict adherence to ITCA policies and procedures for handling of confidential information including certification exams, exam scores, and applicant personal information. Proctors certification exams pursuant to ITCA and ABC exam proctoring guidelines;
- Process applications pertaining to Tribal water/wastewater operator certification and help implement administrative decisions regarding such applications;
- Must be willing and able to travel in and out of the State for up to six (6) days in a week.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be knowledgeable of Tribal, State and Federal agencies, their processes and have extensive knowledge of environmental legislation/regulations and how it applies to Tribes, specific to the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) and Clean Water Act (CWA).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Required to be skilled in the ability to coordinate and facilitate technical training sessions and must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, is flexible with projects, and meets deadlines.
Education Requirements and Experience:
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Environmental Science, Environmental Health or related field plus 1-3 years of experience in environmental quality. Applicant must have knowledge and experience working with tribal communities in Arizona. Applicant must have a valid Arizona driver’s license and be willing to submit to a background check.
To obtain an application, visit our website: www.itcaonline.com
Relocation expenses not available.
Inter Tribal Council of Arizona, Inc. is An Equal Opportunity Employer and A Drug-Free Workplace