Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
Volunteer Position Description
Position Title and Department: School/Youth Group Assistant (CESD)
Reports to (name & title): Beth Rice (Reservations Coordinator)
Overview of position (1 sentence): Volunteers in this position act as liaisons for school groups that are visiting the Museum on field trips.
Primary Specific Tasks:
- Greeting arriving school groups
- Orienting school groups about their Museum visit
- Facilitating school group entry into the Museum
- Providing some educational facts about the Museum and it’s collections
- Guiding school groups to pre-arranged programming (in the theater or in classrooms)
- Coordinating and facilitating lunch times for school groups eating at the Museum
- Checking on school groups throughout their visit and providing needed assistance
Day(s) of week volunteer(s) work in this position: 3 volunteers per day (Monday – Friday)
Hours: 8:30am – 2:00pm
Duration (specify period or minimum # of months): Oct/Nov – mid May
Number of individuals in this position: 15
Qualifications: Applicants should have the ability to traverse the Museum’s grounds in all types of weather conditions (carrying a light bag with paperwork). Preference will be shown to applicants who are enthusiastic to volunteer with youth of all ages.
Benefits to the volunteer: This is a fun way to share your passion for the Sonoran Desert by facilitating educational experiences for future conservationists!
2021 N Kinney Rd, Tucson, AZ 85743
8:30am – 2:00pm