Science, Health and Engineering Policy and Diplomacy 2019 Conference
TRAINING OCT 7, 2019
Hello! My name is Diana Zamora-Reyes and I am one of the lead rapporteurs for the Science, Health and Engineering Policy and Diplomacy 2019 Conference along with Neha Gupta. This conference will be held from October 23th-25th at the University Park Marriott Hotel. We would like to invite students to the conference for FREE (free breakfast, lunch and dinner) in exchange for their service as event rapporteurs. Duties of rapporteurs will include the development of select panel summaries (as teams) via notetaking during the event and transcription afterwards (additional information will be provided at the mandatory meeting listed below).
These are the topics planned for keynotes, oral sessions and panel discussions:
1. Hydrodiplomacy in the US-Mexico Border Region
2. Science Policy in Times of Uncertainty
3. Global Impact through STEM & Health
4. Science, Technology and Health
5. Science for Science Policy
6. Role of Educational Cooperation
7. Space Science Policy
8. Science Diplomacy Education
9. Science and Diplomacy in the Middle East
10. Building Regional Science & Technology Innovation Ecosystems to Deliver on the SDG's in the Americas
11. Bringing New Perspectives and Knowledge into Education
12. Sustainable Urban Development
13. Hydrodiplomacy in Ambos Nogales: Lessons Learned from Binational Water Management
14. Connecting Your Science and Engineering Training with Careers in Policy and Diplomacy
15. Networking for Science Diplomacy
16. Sustaining International Scientific Cooperation Among Nations: Why it Matters
17. Sustainability Enhancement of Infrastructures with Smart and Resilient Materials
Free conference attendance, breakfast, lunch, and dinner
If you're interested in helping us we are hosting a mandatory pre-conference meeting next Monday, October 7th from 4pm-5pm in room 440 of the Science-Engineering Library. We will go over guidelines and expectations for rapporteurs, example summary to be developed, and sign up for panels! If you are not able to attend this meeting, please submit your 500-word application (see flyer attached) and email us to discuss an alternative meeting time (Diana: firstname.lastname@example.org; Neha: email@example.com).
Thank you! This conference will be a tremendous opportunity for your career!