Arizona Plant Breeders Inc.
Arizona Plant Breeders Inc., a division of Arizona Grain Inc., is seeking a highly motivated individual with the ability to work as a member of the research team located in Casa Grande, AZ.
Job Start Date: January 5, 2018
Essentials duties and responsibilities:
· Perform DNA extractions, running PCR and gel electrophoresis
· Perform preliminary analysis on molecular data
· Assisting with seed cleaning, preparation, planting, note-taking and harvest
· Ability to travel domestically and stay overnight
· Other related duties as assigned
Candidates must be a motivated, self-starting individual.
Education & work experience:
· Bachelor's degree in one of the life sciences
· Basic experience in a molecular genetics laboratory
· Basic experience with Marker Assisted Selection (MAS)
· Basic understanding of plant breeding and research methodologies
· Experience with lab organization and record keeping is important
· Good interpersonal skills, effective verbal and written communication skills in English
· Familiarity with Microsoft package e.g. word and excel
· Ability to work independently and in teams
· Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the US
· Full training will be provided to the right candidate
· This position is designed for someone who enjoys working in the field and in the lab
· The company will provide you with a highly competitive compensation and benefits package
· Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
· Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Casa Grande, AZ
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org before January 5, 2018.