- About Us
- Research Initiatives
- Academic Programs
- Funding Opportunities
- Affiliated Faculty
- Environmental Portal
The University of Arizona's Institute of the Environment (IE) seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant to be the welcoming persona of our organization and keep operations running smoothly. The selected candidate will perform a variety of tasks related to scheduling meetings, providing travel support, hosting visitors, organizing special events, general office maintenance, and overall support of the directors and staff. An individual with a warm and professional demeanor who is comfortable relating to people at all levels and demonstrated excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills is desired. Pay:$25,478 - $37,915 DOE. To apply, please see UA Job #56890. Application review will begin November 19, 2014.
Student Part-time Communications Assistant
The UA’s Institute of the Environment (IE) is seeking a current UA freshman, sophmore, junior, or early graduate student for part-time employment for the remainder of the 2014–15 academic year or longer.
The selected candidate will work closely with our communications team on projects that enhance environmental communication and collaboration both on and off campus. The position requires a combination of strong, proven writing skills, acute attention to detail, initiative, a willingness to learn, and an interest in the environment. The selected candidate would begin in January 2015.
Job duties include:
1. Updating a variety of websites, using the content management system Drupal (training will be provided)
2. Creating and maintaining environmental faculty and grad student online profiles
3. Helping compile content for several websites IE manages
4. Selecting and sizing photographs to illustrate news stories
5. Assisting in communications/marketing strategies via social media
6. Writing news stories and announcements, depending on experience
7. Helping with event promotion: creating and distributing fliers, maintaining event toolbox, and staffing events as needed and depending on experience
8. Front desk duties may include answering the phone and front door, watering plants, distributing staff mail
9. Other duties as requested
Pay range: $9-$12/hour; minimum of 15 hours/week.
To apply: Please submit the following to Stephanie Doster, email@example.com: letter of interest, resume, one faculty reference, and one personal reference. Please indicate if you would be available to work over the 2015 summer.
The Institute of the Environment (IE) fosters and facilitates cross-campus, community, state, national, and worldwide collaborations that help explain and resolve environmental challenges and seize solution-driven opportunities created by such challenges. IE also provides a portal to the internationally-recognized expertise of nearly 300 affiliated faculty and research staff across campus and to programs, events, and projects that transform environmental research into useful knowledge for decision makers, consumers, and other stakeholders.