If you love developing innovative, cutting-edge technologies that create breakthrough products, you’ll want to check out this exciting plant growth management opportunity at Monsanto.
Produce more. Conserve more. Improve lives. That’s Monsanto’s vision for a better world. Achieving this vision requires inspiration, innovation, and a passion for applying state-of-the-art technology to revolutionize agriculture. We are seeking an exceptionally talented student with these core qualities for a paid six-month fall co-op in our Protected Culture Optimization Team within the Plant Breeding Trait & Product Delivery Organization. The position will be based at our greenhouse sites in and around Tucson, Arizona.
In this role, the successful candidate will generate process metrics to enable the design of ideal process flows from seed receipt through harvest to ensure a smooth transition of breeding pipelines from field to greenhouse.
As part of our diverse, highly dynamic group, you will be exposed to exciting research challenges and will have ample opportunity to work with interdisciplinary scientists to foster career growth and development while delivering innovative solutions. Upon completion of the program, you’ll present your findings to an audience of peers and senior management. End of term presentations are hosted at a designated Monsanto site, where students network with scientists and learn more about future career opportunities at Monsanto.
Dates for this fall assignment are June-December of 2018.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a B.S. or M.S. degree program in a scientific field, including Process Design, Design Science, Agricultural Engineering, Robotics, Automation Engineering, Systems Integration or a related field
- System design and process automation
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, precise and actionable manner
- Detail and results-orientated with the ability to work independently
- Project management
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Knowledge of genetics, breeding, agriculture and/or biotechnology
- Experience with process modeling software, R, Solidworks, C+, and or PLC