The Pathways to Academic Student Success Probation Program has openings for Peer Advisors in Spring 2018!
The PASS Program provides peer advising, workshops, individualized plans, and continuous support to improve students’ persistence towards graduation to students who are on academic probation for the first time in the Colleges of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Medicine (Pre-Physiology), Social and Behavioral Sciences, Public Health Education, and the Eller College of Management.*
*You do not need to be a student in one of these colleges to be a PASS PA.
Individuals in this position meet with a roster of students one-on-one to help improve their academic performance, help students identify campus resources that would be valuable to them, and help students develop skills and knowledge required to be a successful student and graduate from the University of Arizona.
- PAs decide their own schedule between 8am and 5pm M-F. PAs are required to be available a minimum of 15 hours a week, up to a maximum of 25.
- Salary Level: $10.50/hr
- Start date: 1/3/18
- Approximate Hours Per Week: 15-25
· A minimum of 30 units taken (Sophomore standing, Juniors and Seniors preferred)
· Minimum of 2.75 cumulative GPA (3.0 preferred)
· Enrolled in a minimum of 6 units in the Spring 2018 semester
· Must be available to work a minimum of 15 hr/week.
Peer Advisor Responsibilities:
· Be able to attend PAID training sessions the week before classes start for the Spring semester (January 3-9, Wed/Thu/Fri/Mon/Tues)
· Attend staff meetings every Wednesday from 8:00am—8:45am
· Serve as a resource to 20-40 student participants
· Be knowledgeable of campus resources and help students transition into the University (training provided)
· Prepare for and conduct all bi-weekly one-on-one meetings with students
· Provide a safe, comfortable, and respectful environment for students to learn
· Maintain confidentiality & record/input student information into database
*All PASS team members must abide by the University of Arizona Code of Conduct and the University of Arizona Academic Code of Integrity.*
15-25 hours/ week
How to Apply:
Please download and submit the completed application form (attached) along with all additional documentation to Sam Becker at email@example.com OR in hard copy to room 28A of the Robert L. Nugent Building
Please visit our website at http://pass.arizona.edu/pathways-academic-student-success-program-has-openings-peer-advisors-spring-2018
Phone: (520) 621-8554
Robert L Nugent Building Rm 28A
1212 E University Blvd.
Tucson AZ 85721