Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona
Internship Description: Summer / Fall 2017
Position: Food Sourcing Intern
Must be able to work at least 6 hours per week, and preferably be available Tuesday mornings. Additional scheduling to be determined based on candidate’s schedule.
Feeding America estimates that the U.S. produces 70 billion pounds of food waste each year. Meanwhile, 15.4% of U.S. households still experience hunger or food security. Our Food Rescue program partners with local grocery stores and restaurants to rescue safe, edible food that would otherwise be thrown away. The Food Sourcing team works to maintain relationships with retail donors and build the capacity of our agency partners to participate in Food Rescue. The Food Sourcing Intern will support this team in providing training to agency partners, particularly during the rollout of a new online reporting platform called MealConnect, and assisting with donor recognition.
- Learn to evaluate and improve reporting and donor acknowledgement processes.
- Develop customer service skills with phone calls and emails to partner agencies and donors.
- Assist with the creation and dissemination of training materials for MealConnect.
- Provide training support for MealConnect agency onboarding.
- Learn to create professional reports, presentations, and other informational food sourcing documents.
- Employ standard information management procedures to maintain accurate partner agency and donor files.
- Network with other departments in Food Sourcing and Operations meetings.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Organized, self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent, demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).