Center for EcoTechnology
The Center for EcoTechnology is seeking five energetic, passionate college graduates to join our professional staff to help people and businesses conserve energy and reduce waste. The EcoFellowship is an 11-month paid fellowship program that gives emerging environmental professionals the opportunity to support CET’s initiatives to assist residents, students, institutions and businesses across the region in energy efficiency, green building, renewable energy, and waste reduction.
The EcoFellowship offers a two-week training and orientation about our organization and the programs we run. During this orientation, the EcoFellows also take part in professional development activities that explore environmental topics that will benefit the EcoFellows and reinforce the work that they will be helping with. Throughout the EcoFellowship, the fellows are offered in-depth career development and support from supervisors and mentors.
EcoFellows will be based in CET’s Northampton office, with travel expected between CET locations and into local communities.
EcoFellows work cross-departmentally, but are given specific areas of focus:
1. Building Science including: shadowing projects, professional trainings, content generation and video and written case studies
2. Program Operations including: waste-reduction program assistance, energy-efficiency trainings, impact reporting, social media management
3. Communications including: social media management, video production, graphic design, content generation, press campaigns
4. Community Outreach & Education including: tabling, presentations, educational outreach, data tracking and reporting
· We are looking for creative and energetic college graduates (bachelor degree required) with an interest in energy efficiency, renewable energy technologies, climate change, recycling and resource conservation. Previous experience through volunteering, internships and/or professional work is required.
· Commitment to the entire Fellowship program, from August 6, 2018 to June 28, 2019, is required.
· Fellows work a flexible schedule (40 hours/week) that requires some evening and weekend hours as needed.
· Computer skills required, experience in creative uses of social media and/or graphic design preferred.
· Driver’s license and reliable, insured transportation is required.
· Ability to lift and move 30lb will be required as necessary for certain placements.
· Background checks and drug testing will be required for all positions.
· CET is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all to apply.
EcoFellowship Salary and Benefits:
· Salary: Pays $11.50/hour for 40 hours/week (for the duration of the program), with an additional $2,000 bonus at the completion of the program.
· Benefits: Health Insurance; paid sick, holiday and vacation; 403(b), supplies and mileage reimbursement
· Professional Development: Two-week orientation; monthly professional development opportunities, opportunity to attend conferences, networking and career development
· Rolling applications are accepted until February 17
· EcoFellowship candidates should provide a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample describing something they are passionate about and why (200 word limit)
· Initial interviews begin February 20 through March 3 by phone
· Second interviews will be scheduled throughout March. In-person interviews are strongly suggested, but can be done by Skype if necessary.
Hiring Process: Position placements will be offered by early-April
EcoFellowship Placement: August 6, 2018 to June 28, 2019